Saturday, August 28, 2010

It feels good on my tongue...

Lugubrious.........that is my word for today. It is one of my favorite words.......It feels good when I speak it....I like the way it sounds...it seems lazy and rolling as it comes off my tongue......

It's an adjective.......What does it mean? It means mournful...not JUST mournful, but mournful in an exaggerated way....forlorn, dismal, an affected loss.......

"Her inner pain showed through in the lugubrious expression on her face; it was pronounced by the slump of her shoulders, the agony in her eyes, and the tremor in her voice. There was no getting past the bittersweet memory of her lost love."

OOOOOO....maybe I should write a book around those sentences...Nah......love stories are boring.....too dramatic.....I would probably write the book in 2 sentences, the one above and this one:

"Her lifelong friend came to her side gently placing her hand upon her shoulder. Swiftly reaching up, she slapped her on the back of her head and said: 'Get OVER yourself would you! Geez...'"

THAT'S reality......

1 comment:

phairelady said...

Really funny and very much more like real life..