Thursday, June 23, 2005

CANKLES!!!

It must be summer, I have cankles again. For those of you who do not know what a cankle is, it is a calf/ankle. You know, where your ankles are so swelled up that they have no shape and it is just a straight shot from your calves to your feet. I really hate that. Of course, along with cankles come sausage toes. You get the idea, right? I do love the long days of summer and the flowers in bloom, trees that are green, etc. etc...but I cannot abide the heat. I have a friend who LOVES the heat. She works outside in 98 degrees and can't understand why people have their air conditioners on. She wears thermal underwear when it gets to 65 outside. Heck, at 65 I am just coming alive. Now that is perfect weather! Anyhing above 78 gives me cankles and sausage toes. Then, of course, there is the sweat. I hate to sweat...it's, well, it' sweat, what more do I have to say? I married a heavy sweater......that didn't come out exactly like I expected, but anyway, on a hot day he can lose up to 10 pounds. He looks like he showered with his clothes on! OK, I think that is as gross as I am going to get on sweat. Sadly, it is only mid-June and I have a good 3 months to deal with cankles, sausage toes, sweating, hot cars, steering wheels, and leather seats that have been in the sun all day, and the inability to whine about it at home because my husband and son work outside everyday. For some reason, they are not very sympathetic...go figure.

No comments: