Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm It

OK, I got tagged. I have seen this in emails, but not in blogs. I am suppossed to answer questions that seem to be interesting, but are more interesting to the person answering them than the people reading them. Now, if I were some big celebrity, it would be quite different. For some reason, people are really interested in the most mundane things if it is related to a celebrity. Honestly, I don't care what Brittany eats for breakfast, (poor thing, she's really too ill to be bothered these days) or who Oprah supports politically (really folks, shes not supporting him because he's black, she's supporting him because she belieives in him........... really.....YAWN), or what type of toothpaste Katie Holmes uses, (although I've heard L. Ron used the same; Tom insisted on it.) I am tired tired tired of celebrities. Now, how did I get here? Anyway, I am to answer the questions and then tag 5 other people to answer the questions. Unfortunately, I don't know 5 people with a blog. Well, I do, but Shawn tagged the same people I read, and I can't see myself going to just any old blog and saying TAG!! YOU'RE IT!! I'll have to think about that.

SO.. the rules of BLOG TAG are:

A)The Rules are posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers about themselves. (I don't think I can answer about anyone else......HMMM)
C. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people, posts their names, and goes to the blogs letting thm know they've been tagged. (See problem listed above)

Here goes.......
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
I have a hard time remembering what I did 10 minutes ago, I'm suppossed to remember 10 years ago?

1)I had just moved to day shift work after 7 years working midnights and swing shifts.
2)I had just graduated in December from nursing school and was preparing to take my boards.
3)I was paying $10,000 for Shawn's college tuition. All well worth it since he was having the most fun he'd had ever had in his life and was making the worst grades he ever made. (Seriously, son, the best time I'd ever had up until that time was knowing what fun you were having. That's what I wanted, it was worth every dime) I never saw one grade the entire time he was in school, but I did go to his graduation,and he is working, so mission accomplished.
4)I was stil a mom of relativly young children, (Lindsey was almost 11 and Brent was 12. Stacie was a senior in high school.)
5)Taking care of 3 dogs (1ncluding 'dead dog'), 4 birds, and 2 or 3 ferrets. One of the most fun pets ever.

5 Things On My To-Do List Today:

1) Take the grandsons for pictures (Done)
2) Play Blog Tag (In the process)
3) Write the minutes for my Safety Review Committee meeting for work (Partially Done)
4) Update the Dashboards for my projects at work (Partially Done)
5) Take paperwork to the office for my second job (Not Done)

Can anyone possibly be more boring than I?

5 Snacks I Enjoy (More to the point..Snacks I can OD on)

1) Doritos with Shotgun Willie's (Hot)
2) Vanilla Oreos with milk for dunking
3) Honey B-B-Q Frito Twists (Once on a business trip, I ate a whole bag while watching TV in the hotel room. I couldn't believe I ate the whole bag in one sitting.)
4)Cheese so sharp it bites back with apple slices
5)Ice cream with milk on it. (No, it's not a milkshake, it's ice cream with some milk on it. It makes crystals and gives is great yumminess. I couldn't believe Shawn likes it the same way, except he likes peanut butter on it too.)

5 Things I'd Do If I Were A Billionaire

1)Quit all my jobs.
2)Set-up trusts for my grandchildren
3)Set-up a family business beacause even if you are independently wealthy you need something to do.
4)Travel, Travel, Travel, (learn to fly and buy an airplane)
5)Humanitarian work because people need medical care, education, water, food, mentoring, support, seed money and love everywhere.

3 Bad Habits

Why 3 and not 5? I know I have a lot more than 3 bad habits.

1)Procrastination. I would like to say that I work better under pressure, but that is my positive slant on it.

2) I don't take care of my health the way that I should.

3) I can't prioritize. The pressure is on: I have to pack and leave: I have to get a report done: What am I doing??? Cleaning the kitchen when I need to pack or separating filing that my AC can do when I should be writing the report. This is just a sequelae on bad habit number 1, but I hate it, know what I am doing in my mind, but can't seem to control it. It kind of feeds into: too organized with things that aren't important and not organized enough with things that are. Sound familiar? (Because things that are not important are easier to organize, who has time to sit and think about important things?.....it takes too long and I need to MOVE)

5 Jobs I Have Had

1)Collections and mobile home repossessions (Yes, I actually kicked people out of their homes)

2)OS&D clerk trucking companies. (Over, Short & Damaged)

3)Secretary/Bookeeper for Real Estate business

4)Customer surveys and demonstrator (You know those people in the mall that stop you for a survey and the people that give out samples in the stores?)

5)Packaging line-worker packing pharmaceuticals


5 Things People Probably Don't Know About Me

1) Was a singer with a country-western band in high school

2) Went to high school in Athens, Greece

3) Came in 2nd in a talent contest on New Year's Eve when I was 16. The first place went to a drunk guitar player. Not bragging on this one.

4)Taught myself how to play the ukelele

5)Never had a childhood disease (chicken pox. mumps, measles, etc.)

Well, that's it. This has given me some ideas for new blog fodder, hopefully Bad Habit # 1 won't get in the way.

2 comments:

Zimm said...

You won't be offended if I start calling you "Dog the Bounty Hunter," will you? ;-)

I love extra sharp cheddar, I'll have to try it on apple slices. Sounds like it might be tasty.

Anonymous said...

Not at all. ;) I had more than one collection job; and believe it or not, I really enjoyed them. I will have to follow up with some stories about those days.